List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Raj Shekhar Date:November 5 2009 4:28pm
Subject: Re: Help with InnoDB and locked transactions
View as plain text
Daevid Vincent <daevid <at> daevid.com> writes:

> But it seems that sometimes these UPDATEs take a long time (longer
> than they should) and so they just accumulate locks in mysql and I
> can't figure out how to clear them all. If I refresh my page, it
> exacerbates the situation with now even more locks.

Next time when you see this issue, login to your mysql server and from
the mysql prompt, do "show innodb status\G".  It will show the details
of statements which are locked or are in deadlock.  If you want faster
timeouts for your queries, you can set the innodb_lock_wait_timeout to
a lower value than the default of 50 secs
<http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/innodb-parameters.html#sysvar_innodb_lock_wait_timeout>

Thread
Help with InnoDB and locked transactionsDaevid Vincent5 Nov
  • Re: Help with InnoDB and locked transactionsMichael Dykman5 Nov
  • Re: Help with InnoDB and locked transactionsRaj Shekhar5 Nov