List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Dykman Date:November 4 2009 3:34pm
Subject:Re: Alphabetical search to and from
View as plain text
Good point about that first position.   Of course, the ending would
need an interpretation according to the charset at hand.

 select * from country Name between 'F' and 'P\uffff\uffff\uffff\uffff\uffff'

 - md

On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 10:26 AM, misiaQ <misiaq@stripped> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> You're right on one hand. But on the another in some languages you have a
> more characters after the Z letter.
> Apart from that try this:
>
> select 'F' as test
> union
> select 'FAA'
> order by test;
>
> and you'll see:
>
> test
> ---------
> FAA
>
> Regards,
> m.

Thread
Alphabetical search to and fromDave M G4 Nov
  • Re: Alphabetical search to and fromJay Ess4 Nov
  • RE: Alphabetical search to and frommisiaQ4 Nov
    • Re: Alphabetical search to and fromMichael Dykman4 Nov
      • RE: Alphabetical search to and frommisiaQ4 Nov
        • Re: Alphabetical search to and fromMichael Dykman4 Nov
          • Re: Alphabetical search to and fromJay Ess4 Nov
            • RE: Alphabetical search to and frommisiaQ4 Nov
              • Re: Alphabetical search to and from [SOLVED]Dave M G5 Nov
  • Re: Alphabetical search to and fromSteve Edberg4 Nov