List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Charles Brown Date:November 4 2009 3:33am
Subject:RE: socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)

From: Brown, Charles
Sent: Tuesday, November 03, 2009 2:54 PM
To: Ramsey, Robert L; mysql@stripped
Subject: socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)

Hello All, I desperately need your help.

I migrated from version  5.0.27
To version  5.0.77

Here is the command I used to migrate my databases:

mysqldump -uxxxxx -pxxxxx --all-databases --master-data | mysql -h88.88.89.889 -urxxxx
-pxxxxx

Problem: after the migration, I have been getting these messages:

ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock'
(2)

My question is, is it possible that I have destroyed ( clobbered) the MYSQL catalog via my
migration process?

Can someone please help me

immediately.

Thank you.
getting repeating events between two datesRobert L Ramsey3 Nov
  • socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)Charles Brown3 Nov
RE: socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)Charles Brown4 Nov
  • Re: RE: socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)Claudio Nanni4 Nov
Re: socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)Claudio Nanni5 Nov