List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Newton Varella Jr. Date:November 1 2009 8:11pm
Subject:Southern hemisphere polar alignment // I/C Mr. Rob Kanen
View as plain text
Dear Rob:
I live in Brazil, have a SkyWatcher EQ6 pro mount (with a GPS module) and a
William Optics 132 FLT refracting telescope. I plan on doing my observations
between the towns of Canoinhas and Tres Barras, in the State of Santa
Catarina (second southernmost State in Brazil - lats. approx. -26º,10',0"
and -26º,6',0", respectively). The mount is a computerized Goto mount and
has a 3 star alignment system. Since I´m a beginner in astronomy (a judge by
profession) and will be going on vacation in the 2nd half of November when I
plan on doing my observations, can you help me align my scope with my
equipment/location in mind, kinda doing through the process step by step? I
would really appreciate any input since I´m a dummie about these things.
Thanx !!
Newton Varella, Jr.

Thread
Southern hemisphere polar alignment // I/C Mr. Rob KanenNewton Varella Jr.2 Nov