List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Walter Heck - OlinData.com Date:November 2 2009 11:04am
Subject:Re: Fw: 50M records each year, help me choosing the stretegy
View as plain text
Sudhir: do yourself a favr and split the blobs (=body) off to a
different table. Most fo the time bodies are not used, only when the
actual email needs to be shown. That means that you can keep the
frequently used fields together in a table for much quicker access.

cheers,

Walter

On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 17:49, || Sudhir Nimavat ||
<sudhir_nimavat@stripped> wrote:
> Its a very simple table that will store messages.
>
> Each message would have subject, body,to_user_id, from_user_id,is_deleted,date_sent
> and may be one or two more column
>
> There would be frequent read operation and slow write operation.
>
> Thanks
> SN
>

> Personally I'm always ready to learn, although I do not always like being taught

Thread
50M records each year, help me choosing the stretegysudhir543-nimavat2 Nov
  • Re: 50M records each year, help me choosing the stretegyJay Ess2 Nov
    • Fw: 50M records each year, help me choosing the stretegy|| Sudhir Nimavat ||2 Nov
      • Re: Fw: 50M records each year, help me choosing the stretegyWalter Heck - OlinData.com2 Nov
      • RE: 50M records each year, help me choosing the stretegyDaevid Vincent2 Nov