List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jay Ess Date:November 2 2009 9:34am
Subject:Re: 50M records each year, help me choosing the stretegy
View as plain text
sudhir543-nimavat@stripped wrote:
> I have come across a requirement where I need to store a very large amount of data in
> a table.
> In
> one of our app.. we can have around 50 Million records each year.. Can
> any one guide me in choosing a strategy than can handle this load.

50M records is not that bad if you only store a couple of bytes in every
row. So please describe your tables in more detail.
And also describe the expected access on the data.
Thread
50M records each year, help me choosing the stretegysudhir543-nimavat2 Nov
  • Re: 50M records each year, help me choosing the stretegyJay Ess2 Nov
    • Fw: 50M records each year, help me choosing the stretegy|| Sudhir Nimavat ||2 Nov
      • Re: Fw: 50M records each year, help me choosing the stretegyWalter Heck - OlinData.com2 Nov
      • RE: 50M records each year, help me choosing the stretegyDaevid Vincent2 Nov