List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Per Jessen Date:November 1 2009 7:42pm
Subject: Re: Raid level suggestions for mysql-server
View as plain text
Gšötz Reinicke - IT Koordinator wrote:

> Hi,
>
> soon I'll get a SUN X4170 with 8*2,5" SAS 300 GB harddisks. (24 GB
> RAM)
>
> This system could be our new central mysql-server for some
> LAMP-systems. (right now about 50 GB mysql data total, roughly 60-70%
> reads.)
>
> What would be a good raid-Layout for the server?
>
> I was thinking of one large 1+0 or 0+1 as 1.2TB would be more than
> enought.
>
> Or may be I do split things up like this: one raid 1 for the system,
> one raid 1 for logfiles, one raid 1+0/0+1 for the database.
>
> Any suggestions?

I have a very similar HP box with 8 drives too - I've got it running one
RAID1 (2x72Gb) for system and one RAID6 (6x146Gb) for data.

/Per Jessen, Zürich

Thread
Raid level suggestions for mysql-serverGšötz Reinicke - IT Koordinator1 Nov
  • Re: Raid level suggestions for mysql-serverPer Jessen1 Nov
    • Re: Raid level suggestions for mysql-serverMichael Dykman2 Nov