List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Brian Dunning Date:October 29 2009 5:09pm
Subject:Choose certain columns in mysqldump?
View as plain text
Sorry if this is a n00b question, I did read the docs for mysqldump
before posting, but couldn't figure it out.

I'm successfully doing a mysqldump, but I want only a few of the
columns, and want them in a different order. Is this possible without
substantially slowing it down? The table has about 5 million records.

Currently I'm doing this:
mysqldump -uxxxt -pxxx -t -T/var/www/folder db_name table_name --
fields-enclosed-by=\" --fields-terminated-by=,

Thread
Choose certain columns in mysqldump?Brian Dunning29 Oct
  • Re: Choose certain columns in mysqldump?Michael Dykman29 Oct
    • Re: Choose certain columns in mysqldump?Jaime Crespo Rinc√≥n29 Oct
      • Re: Choose certain columns in mysqldump?walter harms29 Oct
  • Re: Choose certain columns in mysqldump?Brian Dunning4 Nov