List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Bryan Cantwell Date:October 27 2009 2:51pm
Subject:How can I know if Mysql Crashed or stopped gracefully
View as plain text
I have an environment where upon boot of a machine I need to know if
mysql shutdown nicely or if it crashed.
How can I know for sure which was the case so that I can take action if
needed?
I notice that issuing a reboot or shutdown -r now command, (in Linux)
that the 'service mysql stop'  is never run... it just seems to catch
the sig 15 and does its own shutdown...

I have scripted in the stop section of my init script to touch a file
that I look for on restart, but if the stop is never executed on
reboot/shutdown, then I have a problem.

Thanks for the help,
Bryancan
Thread
ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)F.A.I.Z.A.L27 Oct
  • How can I know if Mysql Crashed or stopped gracefullyBryan Cantwell27 Oct
    • Re: How can I know if Mysql Crashed or stopped gracefullyJohan De Meersman27 Oct
    • Re: How can I know if Mysql Crashed or stopped gracefullyTodd Lyons27 Oct
Re: ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)lists27 Oct
Re: ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)F.A.I.Z.A.L27 Oct