List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:F.A.I.Z.A.L Date:October 27 2009 6:29am
Subject:ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through
socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)
View as plain text
hi experts

ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
'/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)

iam facing the above error while connecting the mysql database. i am also
checked the mysql.sock socket file is not in /tmp.

could you please help me to fix this problem. what i have to do now..

is there any way to replace the socket file from another mysql server or i
have to reinstall mysql software in this server. if re-installation from the
scratch mean what are the steps i have follow before and after installation
to safeguard the existing databases..

please provide you assistance to fix this issue..

many thanks in advance..

Best Regards
Faizal S
GSM : 9840118673
Blog: http://oradbapro.blogspot.com

Thread
ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)F.A.I.Z.A.L27 Oct
  • How can I know if Mysql Crashed or stopped gracefullyBryan Cantwell27 Oct
    • Re: How can I know if Mysql Crashed or stopped gracefullyJohan De Meersman27 Oct
    • Re: How can I know if Mysql Crashed or stopped gracefullyTodd Lyons27 Oct
Re: ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)lists27 Oct
Re: ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)F.A.I.Z.A.L27 Oct