List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:DaWiz Date:October 21 2009 3:05am
Subject:Re: Distinct max() and separate unique value
View as plain text
----- Original Message -----
From: "Eric Anderson" <keric@stripped>
To: <mysql@stripped>
Sent: Tuesday, October 20, 2009 4:05 PM
>>> I'm trying to formulate a query on a Wordpress database that will give
>>> me the highest 'object_id' with the highest 'term_taxonomy_id',
>>> something like:
>>>
>>> +-------------------------+------------------+
>>> | max(distinct object_id) | term_taxonomy_id |
>>> +-------------------------+------------------+
>>> |                    1503 |              127 |
>>> |                    1494 |              122 |
>>> +-------------------------+------------------+
>>>
>>> But I just can't seem to get there?

I confess I did not understand what you are trying to do.

If what you actually want is the highest 'term_taxonomy_id' for each
distinct objhect_id then the query would be:

select object_id, max(term_taxonomy_id)
where term_taxonomy_id IN (122,127)group by object_id
order by object_id desc;

This query will not take into consideration term_taxonomy_Id values other
than 122 and 127, it also will not return object_id's without a
term_taxonomy_Id value of 122 or 127.

Thread
Distinct max() and separate unique valueEric Anderson20 Oct
  • Re: Distinct max() and separate unique valueDaWiz20 Oct
    • Re: Distinct max() and separate unique valueEric Anderson21 Oct
      • Re: Distinct max() and separate unique valueDaWiz21 Oct