List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Andy Wallace Date:October 16 2009 7:14pm
Subject:Re: inserting csv - solved, but more to the puzzle
View as plain text
I've run into similar situations w/regard to Mac vs PC CSV files,
it usually has to do with the EOL character sequence. Macs use
LF (chr(10)), while PCs use CRLF (chr(13)chr(10)).

andy

Patrice Olivier-Wilson wrote:
> In case anyone might find this of the least interest, probably not, but
> I always hope to add to discussion just as part of the thank you for help.
>
> Further work with same issues found that a file received from a PC based
> client, if opened in PC environment, didn't have the same problems (so
> far) as if opened in a Mac environment. The next file I had to work with
> in this particular project, I opened in PC, then uploaded using
> phpMyadmin with no issues. Same client, same type of file.
>
> So, maybe there is a PC/Mac thing happening to cause the line 17,
> missing commas in csv?
>
> Just a thought. If anyone has any insight, most appreciated.

Thread
inserting csv - solved, but more to the puzzlePatrice Olivier-Wilson16 Oct
  • Re: inserting csv - solved, but more to the puzzleAndy Wallace16 Oct
    • Re: inserting csv - solved, but more to the puzzlePatrice Olivier-Wilson16 Oct