List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Scott Haneda Date:October 16 2009 6:44pm
Subject:Re: insert random number into table
View as plain text
I always maintain a timestamp in my random numbers. As long as my
precision is higher than my requests per second, wouldn't I be safe
from collisions? Assuming a time machine is not invented.

--
Scott
Iphone says hello.

On Oct 16, 2009, at 11:29 AM, "Jerry Schwartz" <jschwartz@stripped
 > wrote:

> JS] Just remember that the pseudo-random numbers that come out of a
> computer,
> regardless of where or how they are generated, are not guaranteed to
> be
> unique. Although the odds of a collision are slim, my philosophy has
> always
> been "if it's possible, it will happen - in the middle of your
> vacation".
Thread
insert random number into tableRay16 Oct
  • RE: insert random number into tableJerry Schwartz16 Oct
    • Re: insert random number into tableRay16 Oct
      • RE: insert random number into tableJerry Schwartz16 Oct
        • Re: insert random number into tableScott Haneda16 Oct
          • RE: insert random number into tableJerry Schwartz19 Oct
        • Re: insert random number into tableRay17 Oct
  • RE: insert random number into tableGavin Towey16 Oct
    • Re: insert random number into tableScott Haneda16 Oct