List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:John Daisley Date:October 14 2009 11:23pm
Subject:RE: Unable to Login to MySQL 5
View as plain text
You have set the root password on your mysql server to root with this command

GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON petclinic.* TO root@localhost IDENTIFIED BY
'root';

The IDENTIFIED BY clause of a grant sets the password.

You shouldn't run a system without a root password anyway.

Regards

John Daisley
Mobile +44(0)7812 451238
Email john@stripped

Certified MySQL 5 Database Administrator (CMDBA)
Certified MySQL 5 Developer
Cognos BI Developer

Sent from HP IPAQ mobile device.