List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Shawn Green Date:October 14 2009 9:21pm
Subject:Re: Req. suitable .cnf file for Server used by 2000 users daily
View as plain text
jeetendra.ranjan@stripped wrote:
> Hi,
> Will you plesae guide me ?
> We are about to launch one website whose database is in MySQL. I am very exited about
> the server setting specially about .cnf file.
> I have below hardware and .cnf details. Will you please guide me is the .cnf file
> details sufficient to support current hardware.
> Initially 2000 users will visit this site everyday.
>
> Hardware and OS
> *************
> ... snip ...

Unfortunately, you have not asked us an answerable question. There are
too many unknowns in your setup for us to estimate how much database
usage per customer your site will create. If it's a single query per
visitor, then you probably can omit any tuning at all. If each visit
requires dozens of queries each using multiple tables then you have a
totally different usage profile.

It all boils down to what you are doing to the database, not how many
people are doing it.

What can you tell us about your application, how many rows of data you
plan to manage, if your data is mostly MyISAM or InnoDB, and what
performance numbers you have achieved so far using your lab equipment
and a simulated user load. Also, is your MySQL database sharing the same
box as your web server or are they located in separate machines?

At that point, we may be able to make a reasonable guess about your
situation.

--
Shawn Green, MySQL Senior Support Engineer
Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Thread
Req. suitable .cnf file for Server used by 2000 users dailyjeetendra.ranjan14 Oct
  • Re: Req. suitable .cnf file for Server used by 2000 users dailyShawn Green14 Oct
    • Re: Re: Req. suitable .cnf file for Server used by 2000 usersdailyjeetendra.ranjan15 Oct
  • RE: Req. suitable .cnf file for Server used by 2000 users dailyGavin Towey15 Oct
    • Re: Req. suitable .cnf file for Server used by 2000 users dailyBruce Ferrell15 Oct
  • Re: Req. suitable .cnf file for Server used by 2000 usersdailyJeetendra Ranjan20 Oct
    • Re: Req. suitable .cnf file for Server used by 2000 users dailyBruce Ferrell20 Oct
  • Re: Req. suitable .cnf file for Server used by 2000 usersdailyJeetendra Ranjan28 Oct