List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:James Dekker Date:October 14 2009 8:00pm
Subject:Re: Unable to Login to MySQL 5
View as plain text
Claudio,

Thank you for the tip... Unfortunately, I tried your suggestion and it
still didn't work!

mysqladmin -u root -p root
Enter password:                          (I entered root here)
mysqladmin: Unknown command: 'root'

When I tried it again (this time leaving the password as blank):

mysqladmin -u root -p root
Enter password:
mysqladmin: connect to server at 'localhost' failed
error: 'Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)'

Is there anyway to get past this issue? I really wish that I didn't
grant the extra privileges! :-(

Happy programming,

James