List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Dykman Date:October 14 2009 2:49pm
Subject:Re: mysqldump Unknown command '\''.
View as plain text
mysqldump is by no means the fastest way to move data between systems.
 For a bulk job of this magnitude, try this:

 - michael dykman

On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 3:59 AM, Claudio Nanni <claudio.nanni@stripped> wrote:
> We dumped a mysql 4.1.22 database using the mysqldump binaries from its
> version,
> We tried to import this in 5.0.82 and we have the error.
>  mysqldump Unknown command '\''.
> It seems the the extended import (multiple inserts) is somewhere too big
> since the single insert dump works but takes ages and we need to import this
> 300gb database in a couple of days.
> Any suggestions?
> Thanks
> --
> Claudio

 - michael dykman
 - mdykman@stripped

Don’t worry about people stealing your ideas. If they’re any good,
you’ll have to ram them down their throats!

   Howard Aiken
mysqldump Unknown command '\''.Claudio Nanni14 Oct
  • Re: mysqldump Unknown command '\''.Michael Dykman14 Oct