List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:John Oliver Date:October 7 2009 4:28pm
Subject:Dump / restore rows in table?
View as plain text
I did try to find out how to do this in the manual, but "row" and
"table" occur so many times...

I want to dump a certain number of rows from one table, and then restore
them to another database.  I'm guessing I'd try "mysqldump -u root
-pPASSWORD database_name table_name" and then add something to specify
rows 1000-1050.  And then I'm guessing that mysql < result.sql would
restore?  Or would it not know what table it came from, and I'd have to
specify that?

Dump / restore rows in table?John Oliver7 Oct
  • Re: Dump / restore rows in table?Dan Nelson7 Oct
  • RE: Dump / restore rows in table?Jerry Schwartz7 Oct
    • RE: Dump / restore rows in table?Jerry Schwartz7 Oct