List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:LIU YAN Date:October 3 2009 1:56am
Subject:RE: login issue..pls help
View as plain text
hi Faizal,

in this case, usualy we choose the MyISAM engine, as it will more fast than the innodb.

here is the comparision for hte MyISAM vs InnoDB for you reference.

13.1. Comparing Transaction and Nontransaction Engines

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/storage-engine-compare-transactions.html

best regards

liuyann

> From: sac.faizal@stripped
> Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 15:06:54 +0530
> Subject: Re: login issue..pls help
> To: aim.prabhat@stripped
> CC: mysql@stripped
>
> user will create more number of tickets per day. so INSERT, UPDATE, SELECT
> will use highly.
>
> in document says' Myisam will not support transaction but it has self backup
> and restoration method. but in InnoDB good for transaction but no self
> managed backup and restoration..
>
> now how can i choose my engine. ?
>
> my usage is only storage and retrieve data.. so which one is normally
> preferred by all developers
>
> thanks kumar
>

> Best Regards
> Faizal S
> GSM : 9840118673
> Blog: http://oradbapro.blogspot.com
>

> On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 2:59 PM, prabhat kumar <aim.prabhat@stripped> wrote:
>
> > innodb.
> >
> > Since, If there are many modifications of the data, it's said that InnoDB
> > works faster because it uses row locking instead of table locking, like
> > MyISAM. However, if there are mainly SELECT statements, a MyISAM table might
> > be faster.
> >

> > On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 2:33 PM, F.A.I.Z.A.L <sac.faizal@stripped> wrote:
> >
> >> 1 doubt
> >>
> >> the front end application is lab ticketing system. so user will create
> >> many ticket. iam expecting per day 200k ticket user will create. so which
> >> storage engine is best to use. innodb or myisam..?
> >>
> >> Best Regards
> >> Faizal S
> >> GSM : 9840118673
> >> Blog: http://oradbapro.blogspot.com

> the

> and

> my

> this

> metadata, the
> that the MySQL
> several read-only
> are no files

> can see only
> the user has the
> >>>>>>

> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/information-schema.html

> perform only DML
> >>>>>>

> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/privileges-provided.html

> schema.

> on test.* to

> browser. but i
> and 'test_schema'

> schema..

> privileges

> and if its not

> mysql server.

> 'root'@'localhost'

> not able to login

> http://www.linkedin.com/in/profileprabhat

> > --
> > Best Regards,
> >
> > Prabhat Kumar
> > MySQL DBA
> > Datavail-India Mumbai
> > Mobile : 91-9987681929
> > www.datavail.com
> >
> > My Blog: http://adminlinux.blogspot.com
> > My LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/profileprabhat

http://www.microsoft.com/middleeast/windows/windowslive/see-it-in-action/social-network-basics.aspx?ocid=PID23461::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-xm:SI_SB_2:092009
Thread
login issue..pls helpF.A.I.Z.A.L1 Oct
  • Re: login issue..pls helpprabhat kumar1 Oct
    • Re: login issue..pls helpF.A.I.Z.A.L1 Oct
      • Re: login issue..pls helpprabhat kumar1 Oct
        • Re: login issue..pls helpF.A.I.Z.A.L1 Oct
          • Re: login issue..pls helpprabhat kumar1 Oct
            • Re: login issue..pls helpF.A.I.Z.A.L1 Oct
              • Re: login issue..pls helpF.A.I.Z.A.L1 Oct
                • Re: login issue..pls helpprabhat kumar1 Oct
                  • Re: login issue..pls helpF.A.I.Z.A.L1 Oct
                    • Re: login issue..pls helpF.A.I.Z.A.L1 Oct
                    • RE: login issue..pls helpLIU YAN3 Oct
                      • Re: login issue..pls helpMichael Dykman3 Oct
              • Re: login issue..pls helpprabhat kumar1 Oct
  • Transations? (was: Re: login issue..pls help)Martijn Tonies3 Oct
  • GRANT USAGE (was: Re: login issue..pls help)Martijn Tonies3 Oct