List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:prabhat kumar Date:October 1 2009 7:43am
Subject:Re: login issue..pls help
View as plain text
A. For transaction *innoDB* is best.

B. *ALTER TABLE table_name ENGINE = InnoDB;
* but* *if you tons of tables so better export all tables in file and
replace all occurs of  *myisam* with *InnoDB *the import it.
 and enable InnoDB engine.
http://www.linux.com/archive/articles/46370

C. 1. Stop MySQL.
     2. Copy current mysql dir to new drive.
     3. Modify the current location with new location in /etc/my.cnf file ,
datadir variable.
     4. Start MySQL.
   note: *datadir=/path/to/datadir/mysq*l
http://docdb.fnal.gov/doc/my.cnf.html

On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 12:53 PM, F.A.I.Z.A.L <sac.faizal@stripped> wrote:

> hi Kumar
>
> thanks for your info..
>
> another doubt.. which storage engine is best for transaction..
>
> in my server. the default engine is myisam. now i changed one of my schema
> to innoDB. is that correct.
>
> now i want to create another schema in different location. how to create
> that? because current mountpoint space is very less, in this situation how
> can move existing schemas to new location?
>
> thanks in advance..
>

> Best Regards
> Faizal S
> GSM : 9840118673
> Blog: http://oradbapro.blogspot.com
>

> On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 12:28 PM, prabhat kumar <aim.prabhat@stripped>wrote:
>

>> a. INFORMATION_SCHEMA is the information database ie metadata, the place
>> that stores information about all the other databases that the MySQL server
>> maintains. Inside INFORMATION_SCHEMA there are several read-only tables.
>> They are actually views, not base tables, so there are no files associated
>> with them.
>>
>> Each MySQL user has the right to access these tables, but can see only the
>> rows in the tables that correspond to objects for which the user has the
>> proper access privileges.
>>
>> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/information-schema.html
>>
>> b. Its depend on your requirement like your user will perform only DML
>> query or also want DDL operations.
>>
>> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/privileges-provided.html
>>

>> On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 12:08 PM, F.A.I.Z.A.L <sac.faizal@stripped>wrote:
>>
>>> thanks kumar..
>>>
>>> now its working
>>>
>>> i have another doubt
>>>
>>> i created an user with limited privilege on particular schema.
>>> schema name: test
>>>
>>> *mysql> create user 'test'@'%' identified by 'test';
>>> mysql> grant select,insert,update,delete,create,drop on test.* to 'test'@
>>> '%';*
>>>
>>> after that i login with 'test' user using mysql query browser. but i can
>>> able to see other schemas like 'information_Schema' and 'test_schema'
>>> created by other.
>>>
>>> how can i avoid this. i want to see only my default schema..
>>>
>>> 2. for created new mysql database or schema what are the privileges are
> [...]

Thread
login issue..pls helpF.A.I.Z.A.L1 Oct
  • Re: login issue..pls helpprabhat kumar1 Oct
    • Re: login issue..pls helpF.A.I.Z.A.L1 Oct
      • Re: login issue..pls helpprabhat kumar1 Oct
        • Re: login issue..pls helpF.A.I.Z.A.L1 Oct
          • Re: login issue..pls helpprabhat kumar1 Oct
            • Re: login issue..pls helpF.A.I.Z.A.L1 Oct
              • Re: login issue..pls helpF.A.I.Z.A.L1 Oct
                • Re: login issue..pls helpprabhat kumar1 Oct
                  • Re: login issue..pls helpF.A.I.Z.A.L1 Oct
                    • Re: login issue..pls helpF.A.I.Z.A.L1 Oct
                    • RE: login issue..pls helpLIU YAN3 Oct
                      • Re: login issue..pls helpMichael Dykman3 Oct
              • Re: login issue..pls helpprabhat kumar1 Oct
  • Transations? (was: Re: login issue..pls help)Martijn Tonies3 Oct
  • GRANT USAGE (was: Re: login issue..pls help)Martijn Tonies3 Oct