List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Scott Hassan Date:April 21 1999 5:00pm
Subject:Re: Too many databases
View as plain text
Fred Read writes:
> Scott Hassan wrote:
> > Problem 1:
> >
> >   We have an application using mysql that needs tens of
> >   thousands of separate databases.
>
> Perhaps if you could give some more information on *what* you
> actually want to achieve [rather than *how* you were thinking
> of doing it] we might be able to offer some more assistance...

Good point!  We are providing a "database" for each eGroup.  In an
eGroup database, one can have many tables (max 10 tables, 10
columns/1000 rows per table).  Very simple design.

If you want to check it out, it is currently available at
www.egroups.com.  Just create an eGroup and click on the "database"
tab.

Scott Hassan
eGroups.com
Thread
Too many databasesScott Hassan21 Apr
  • Re: Too many databasesFred Read21 Apr
    • Re: Too many databasesScott Hassan21 Apr
  • Too many databasesMichael Widenius22 Apr