List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:João Cândido de Souza Neto Date:September 30 2009 4:51pm
Subject:Re: Adding Fields To Table
View as plain text
alter table it add title varchar(50);

"Carlos Williams" <carloswill@stripped> escreveu na mensagem
news:d80f793f0909300945n73394480j468c2cf76dc9c7d8@ style="color:#666">stripped...
>I am no doubt very new to MySQL and have been studying the on line
> manual however I find it a bit complex and don't understand what it's
> suggesting I do in this case. I created a database called 'staff' and
> then in that database I created one simple table:
>
> mysql> show tables;
> +-----------------+
> | Tables_in_staff |
> +-----------------+
> | it              |
> +-----------------+
> 1 row in set (0.00 sec)
>
> mysql> describe it;
> +----------+-------------+------+-----+---------+-------+
> | Field    | Type        | Null | Key | Default | Extra |
> +----------+-------------+------+-----+---------+-------+
> | name     | varchar(40) | YES  |     | NULL    |       |
> | username | varchar(20) | YES  |     | NULL    |       |
> | email    | varchar(20) | YES  |     | NULL    |       |
> | office   | char(3)     | YES  |     | NULL    |       |
> +----------+-------------+------+-----+---------+-------+
> 4 rows in set (0.00 sec)
>
> My question is if I would like to add addition fields like 'title' &
> 'phone number', how can I modify the table fields entry to add more
> fields? Thanks for any help!

Thread
Adding Fields To TableCarlos Williams30 Sep
  • Re: Adding Fields To Tablejoao30 Sep
  • Re: Adding Fields To Tablemos30 Sep
    • Re: Adding Fields To TableCarlos Williams30 Sep
  • Re: Adding Fields To TableRobert Citek30 Sep
  • Re: Adding Fields To TableMartijn Tonies1 Oct
    • Re: Adding Fields To Tableprabhat kumar1 Oct
      • Re: Adding Fields To TableJoerg Bruehe1 Oct
        • Re: Adding Fields To Tableprabhat kumar1 Oct