List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Carlos Williams Date:September 30 2009 4:45pm
Subject:Adding Fields To Table
View as plain text
I am no doubt very new to MySQL and have been studying the on line
manual however I find it a bit complex and don't understand what it's
suggesting I do in this case. I created a database called 'staff' and
then in that database I created one simple table:

mysql> show tables;
+-----------------+
| Tables_in_staff |
+-----------------+
| it              |
+-----------------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> describe it;
+----------+-------------+------+-----+---------+-------+
| Field    | Type        | Null | Key | Default | Extra |
+----------+-------------+------+-----+---------+-------+
| name     | varchar(40) | YES  |     | NULL    |       |
| username | varchar(20) | YES  |     | NULL    |       |
| email    | varchar(20) | YES  |     | NULL    |       |
| office   | char(3)     | YES  |     | NULL    |       |
+----------+-------------+------+-----+---------+-------+
4 rows in set (0.00 sec)

My question is if I would like to add addition fields like 'title' &
'phone number', how can I modify the table fields entry to add more
fields? Thanks for any help!
Thread
Adding Fields To TableCarlos Williams30 Sep
  • Re: Adding Fields To Tablejoao30 Sep
  • Re: Adding Fields To Tablemos30 Sep
    • Re: Adding Fields To TableCarlos Williams30 Sep
  • Re: Adding Fields To TableRobert Citek30 Sep
  • Re: Adding Fields To TableMartijn Tonies1 Oct
    • Re: Adding Fields To Tableprabhat kumar1 Oct
      • Re: Adding Fields To TableJoerg Bruehe1 Oct
        • Re: Adding Fields To Tableprabhat kumar1 Oct