List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:LIU YAN Date:September 30 2009 2:11pm
Subject:RE: Unable To Remove User
View as plain text
hi Carloswil,

could you do below check:

1. show processlists;  // is there any session logined by this user account?

2. select CURRENT_USER() ; // ensure you are logining with root@localhost, not the root@%

best regards

liuyann

> Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 09:37:28 -0400
> Subject: Re: Unable To Remove User
> From: carloswill@stripped
> To: mysql@stripped
>
> On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 9:12 AM, Martin Gainty <mgainty@stripped> wrote:
> > Grant
> >
> > he is trying to login as that user
> > then drop the user he logged in as
>
> No, no and no. I clearly showed my commands including my login to
> MySQL as root. I also cleanly noted I can't even login as the user I
> am trying to delete.
>
> I will try Claudio's suggestion and post back my results. I find it
> odd that the output of users has a carriage return in it which
> malformed the table output. It's not normally like that so you're
> possibly right and that could be the issue! Either way I hope
> Claudio's instructions resolve it.

Unable To Remove UserCarlos Williams30 Sep
  • Re: Unable To Remove Usermos30 Sep
    • Re: Unable To Remove UserCarlos Williams30 Sep
      • Re: Unable To Remove UserClaudio Nanni30 Sep
        • Re: Unable To Remove UserCarlos Williams30 Sep
      • Re: Unable To Remove UserGrant Allen30 Sep
        • RE: Unable To Remove UserMartin Gainty30 Sep
          • Re: Unable To Remove UserCarlos Williams30 Sep
            • RE: Unable To Remove UserLIU YAN30 Sep
RE: Unable To Remove UserJohn Daisley30 Sep