List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Grant Allen Date:September 30 2009 12:39pm
Subject:Re: Unable To Remove User
View as plain text
Carlos Williams wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 11:36 PM, mos <mos99@stripped> wrote:
>> Why don't you just say "Drop User carlos"?
>> Also are you logged in as root?
>
> In my original message to the board I demonstrated the error I get on
> my server when I attempt to run the 'drop user 'carlos'@'localhost';
> command. Why can't I remove this user from MySQL?

[ snip ]

> Database changed
> mysql> select User, Host from user;
> +--------+------------+
> | User   | Host       |
> +--------+------------+
> | carlos | localhost
> | root   | localhost  |
> +--------+------------+
> 2 rows in set (0.00 sec)

Carlos, is this output exactly as it appeared when you ran the command?  Specifically,
that extra carriage return after localhost for the user carlos?  I wonder if the host
value is actually localhost followed by a carriage return, which is why it isn't found
when you try to drop the user using the 'carlos'@'localhost' value.  Try this select
statement to confirm:

select user, host from user where host = 'localhost';

If you don't see carlos returned as a user, this is potentially the problem.  If that's
the case, use Claudio's suggestion to remove the user manually.

Ciao
Fuzzy
:-)

Dazed and confused about technology for 20 years
http://fuzzydata.wordpress.com/
Thread
Unable To Remove UserCarlos Williams30 Sep
  • Re: Unable To Remove Usermos30 Sep
    • Re: Unable To Remove UserCarlos Williams30 Sep
      • Re: Unable To Remove UserClaudio Nanni30 Sep
        • Re: Unable To Remove UserCarlos Williams30 Sep
      • Re: Unable To Remove UserGrant Allen30 Sep
        • RE: Unable To Remove UserMartin Gainty30 Sep
          • Re: Unable To Remove UserCarlos Williams30 Sep
            • RE: Unable To Remove UserLIU YAN30 Sep
RE: Unable To Remove UserJohn Daisley30 Sep