Basic answers under each of your questions below
From: F.A.I.Z.A.L <sac.faizal@stripped>
Sent: Wednesday, September 30, 2009 11:11 AM
To: John Daisley <john@stripped>
Subject: Re: iam new bee to mysql
1. can you please explain me about mysql 5 architecture and background
You need to read the manual for this. Start here
2. how to create a schema in mysql
Create schema schema_name;
Create database schema_name;
3. is there anything like tablespace in oracle..
Yes and no! Read the manual sections relating to storage engines especially innodb.
4. if yes, how to create tablespace.
Create tablespace .....
See the ref manual for the full syntax but make sure you understand how and when mysql
uses tablespace. http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/create-tablespace.html
5. how is storage system in mysql.
in oracle, tablespace->segment->extend->block, is there anything
like that in mysql
Read the manual section on storage engines as it varies by engine
6. how to create user, grant privilege to them
Grant priv on schema.table to user@host identified by 'password';
Read the manual section on grant http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/grant.html
thanks in advance..
GSM : 9840118673
On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 1:51 PM, John Daisley
[The entire original message is not included]