List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:F.A.I.Z.A.L Date:September 30 2009 10:11am
Subject:Re: iam new bee to mysql
View as plain text
Hi

1. can you please explain me about mysql 5 architecture and background
process..
2. how to create a schema in mysql
3. is there anything like tablespace in oracle..
4. if yes, how to create tablespace.
5. how is storage system in mysql.
          in oracle, tablespace->segment->extend->block, is there anything
like that in mysql
6. how to create user, grant privilege to them

thanks in advance..

Best Regards
Faizal S
GSM : 9840118673
Blog: http://oradbapro.blogspot.com

On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 1:51 PM, John Daisley
<john@stripped>wrote:

> If you have a mysql username/password you can start mysql client from the
> command line and log in like so
>
> mysql -uusername -ppassword
>
> Where username is your username and password is your password.
>
> Once logged in you can issue the command
>
> Show variables like 'datadir%';
>
> This will tell you where the data files are stored but if the system is set
> up correctly you probably wont have access to them.
>
> Backups could be anywhere but ideally should not be stored on the machine
> running the server.
>
> For documentation see the reference manual for your version on the mysql
> website.
>
> Regards
>
> John Daisley
> Mobile +44(0)7812 451238
> Email john@stripped
>
> Certified MySQL 5 Database Administrator (CMDBA)
> Certified MySQL 5 Developer
> Cognos BI Developer

> Sent from HP IPAQ mobile device.

Thread
iam new bee to mysqlF.A.I.Z.A.L30 Sep
RE: iam new bee to mysqlJohn Daisley30 Sep
  • Re: iam new bee to mysqlF.A.I.Z.A.L30 Sep
  • Re: iam new bee to mysqlMartijn Tonies30 Sep