List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:John Dove Date:September 30 2009 10:01am
Subject:disk space on arbitrary rows
View as plain text

Hi!

I need to figure out how much disk space an arbitrary number of rows in a table take up.
For example

SELECT DISK_SPACE(*) FROM ORDERS WHERE CREATED_AT BETWEEN x AND y

I know i could do something like a mysqldump with conditions and analyze the output file
but i'd like to avoid outputting anything to the filesystem as it's slow.

My underlying db type is InnoDB on Server version: 5.0.75-0ubuntu10.2

Any help would be much appreciated.

-John

disk space on arbitrary rowsJohn Dove30 Sep
  • Re: disk space on arbitrary rowsClaudio Nanni30 Sep
    • Re: disk space on arbitrary rowsShawn Green2 Oct