List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:John Daisley Date:September 30 2009 8:21am
Subject:RE: iam new bee to mysql
View as plain text
If you have a mysql username/password you can start mysql client from the command line and
log in like so

mysql -uusername -ppassword

Where username is your username and password is your password.

Once logged in you can issue the command

Show variables like 'datadir%';

This will tell you where the data files are stored but if the system is set up correctly
you probably wont have access to them.

Backups could be anywhere but ideally should not be stored on the machine running the
server.

For documentation see the reference manual for your version on the mysql website.

Regards

John Daisley
Mobile +44(0)7812 451238
Email john@stripped

Certified MySQL 5 Database Administrator (CMDBA)
Certified MySQL 5 Developer
Cognos BI Developer

Sent from HP IPAQ mobile device.