List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:mos Date:September 30 2009 3:36am
Subject:Re: Unable To Remove User
View as plain text
At 06:35 PM 9/29/2009, Carlos Williams wrote:
>I just created a generic test user account on MySQL 5.1 and now for
>some reason I am unable to remove him...
>
>mysql> use mysql;
>Reading table information for completion of table and column names
>You can turn off this feature to get a quicker startup with -A
>
>Database changed
>mysql> select User, Host from user;
>+--------+------------+
>| User   | Host       |
>+--------+------------+
>| carlos | localhost |
>| root   | localhost  |
>+--------+------------+
>2 rows in set (0.01 sec)
>
>I obviously from above have a user name 'carlos'@'localhost' & when I
>try to delete him, I get the following:
>
>mysql> drop user 'carlos'@'localhost';
>ERROR 1396 (HY000): Operation DROP USER failed for 'carlos'@'localhost'
>
>Can someone please help me understand why I am unable to remove this
>user from MySQL?

Why don't you just say "Drop User carlos"?
Also are you logged in as root?

Mike

>--

Unable To Remove UserCarlos Williams30 Sep
  • Re: Unable To Remove Usermos30 Sep
    • Re: Unable To Remove UserCarlos Williams30 Sep
      • Re: Unable To Remove UserClaudio Nanni30 Sep
        • Re: Unable To Remove UserCarlos Williams30 Sep
      • Re: Unable To Remove UserGrant Allen30 Sep
        • RE: Unable To Remove UserMartin Gainty30 Sep
          • Re: Unable To Remove UserCarlos Williams30 Sep
            • RE: Unable To Remove UserLIU YAN30 Sep
RE: Unable To Remove UserJohn Daisley30 Sep