List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Carlos Williams Date:September 29 2009 11:35pm
Subject:Unable To Remove User
View as plain text
I just created a generic test user account on MySQL 5.1 and now for
some reason I am unable to remove him...

mysql> use mysql;

Database changed
mysql> select User, Host from user;
+--------+------------+
| User   | Host       |
+--------+------------+
| carlos | localhost |
| root   | localhost  |
+--------+------------+
2 rows in set (0.01 sec)

I obviously from above have a user name 'carlos'@'localhost' & when I
try to delete him, I get the following:

mysql> drop user 'carlos'@'localhost';
ERROR 1396 (HY000): Operation DROP USER failed for 'carlos'@'localhost'

Can someone please help me understand why I am unable to remove this
user from MySQL?
Thread
Unable To Remove UserCarlos Williams30 Sep
  • Re: Unable To Remove Usermos30 Sep
    • Re: Unable To Remove UserCarlos Williams30 Sep
      • Re: Unable To Remove UserClaudio Nanni30 Sep
        • Re: Unable To Remove UserCarlos Williams30 Sep
      • Re: Unable To Remove UserGrant Allen30 Sep
        • RE: Unable To Remove UserMartin Gainty30 Sep
          • Re: Unable To Remove UserCarlos Williams30 Sep
            • RE: Unable To Remove UserLIU YAN30 Sep
RE: Unable To Remove UserJohn Daisley30 Sep