List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jerry Schwartz Date:September 29 2009 3:49pm
Subject:RE: Newbie question: importing cvs settings
View as plain text

[JS] This is just a shot in the dark, but Excel can be rather surprising when
it puts out a CSV file. Depending upon the data, and exactly how you've
specified the export, it can put double-quotes in unexpected places.

If you leave out the 17th line of data what happens?

Regards,

Jerry Schwartz
195 Farmington Ave.
Farmington, CT 06032

860.674.8796 / FAX: 860.674.8341

www.the-infoshop.com

>Patrice Olivier-Wilson wrote:
>> Yep, typo ...:-(
>>
>> I did some screen shots of 2 tests. A workaround solution is to make a
>> final entry in the csv file that I don't really need. Then everything
>> up to that point gets imported ok using CSV method. The LOAD DATA
>> method did not enter anything.
>>
>> My earlier assumption about line 17 was false. It was dependent on how
>> many rows, and I had been using tests with same amount of data.
>> As I said, very beginner level, so thanks for the patience.
>>
>> screenshots at
>> http://biz-comm.com/mysqlprojects/
>>
>> thank you....
>>

>--
>Patrice Olivier-Wilson
>888-385-7217
>http://biz-comm.com
>

>--
>infoshop.com

Thread
Newbie question: importing cvs settingsPatrice Olivier-Wilson26 Sep
  • RE: Newbie question: importing cvs settingsJohn26 Sep
    • Re: Newbie question: importing cvs settingsPatrice Olivier-Wilson26 Sep
      • Re: Newbie question: importing cvs settingsPatrice Olivier-Wilson27 Sep
        • RE: Newbie question: importing cvs settingsJohn27 Sep
        • RE: Newbie question: importing cvs settingsJerry Schwartz29 Sep
          • Re: Newbie question: importing cvs settingsPatrice Olivier-Wilson29 Sep
            • Re: Newbie question: importing cvs settings - followupPatrice Olivier-Wilson30 Sep
      • RE: Newbie question: importing cvs settingsGavin Towey28 Sep