List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Gavin Towey Date:September 28 2009 6:41pm
Subject:RE: Newbie question: importing cvs settings
View as plain text
1. Try opening up the csv file in a text editor, viewing it in a spreadsheet looks like
it's hiding some extra formatting or lines that may be causing problems.

2. Try importing through the mysql CLI.  From the screenshot you posted, it looks like PMA
is parsing the file and creating an insert statement for each line.  It may be incorrectly
handling some of that data.  Using the CLI you'll get better feedback about what, if any,
the error is.

Regards,
Gavin Towey