List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Patrice Olivier-Wilson Date:September 26 2009 4:07pm
Subject:Newbie question: importing cvs settings
View as plain text
Greetings:

I have a project for which need to import cvs files into db.

I can do so up to a point. The import will only do 16 lines,
consistently. Error is failing at line 17.

Steps:

create table fields in Excel document, where they all match database fields
enter information in several of the columns, but not all as client will
be filling it in online (leaving ID blank)
save excel to .cvs
log into phpMyAdmin
import cvs

I've experimented with several settings in the import, but consistently,
it fails at line 17, even with different .cvs files.

Any guidance, most appreciated.

--
Patrice Olivier-Wilson
888-385-7217

Thread
Newbie question: importing cvs settingsPatrice Olivier-Wilson26 Sep
  • RE: Newbie question: importing cvs settingsJohn26 Sep
    • Re: Newbie question: importing cvs settingsPatrice Olivier-Wilson26 Sep
      • Re: Newbie question: importing cvs settingsPatrice Olivier-Wilson27 Sep
        • RE: Newbie question: importing cvs settingsJohn27 Sep
        • RE: Newbie question: importing cvs settingsJerry Schwartz29 Sep
          • Re: Newbie question: importing cvs settingsPatrice Olivier-Wilson29 Sep
            • Re: Newbie question: importing cvs settings - followupPatrice Olivier-Wilson30 Sep
      • RE: Newbie question: importing cvs settingsGavin Towey28 Sep