List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jim Lyons Date:September 25 2009 9:17pm
Subject:Re: Correct way to start new .MYD & .MYI files
View as plain text
Run mysqldump on the table ApplicationLog and save that somewhere where
there's space, then truncate the table.

If you would really like to keep the tables but only have a disk space
issue, then there is one thing you can do if you have disk space on another
file system.  Move the 3 files for ApplicationLog and create sym links for
them.  In Unix/Linux, you would use the ln command.  I believe Windows has a
way of creating symlinks with .sym files, but I'm not 100% sure.

On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 2:33 PM, Jones, Keven <Keven.Jones@stripped> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am new to MySQL.I have a disk space issue and I have found that 3 files
> are the cause.
>
> The files are ApplicationLog.MYD and ApplicationLog.MYI
>

> I would like to purge these files and basically get rid of the data that is
> in them. What is the proper
> Way to accomplish this? Does anyone have a procedure to follow that will
> allow me to archive these files and
> Then start new ones so I can get my disk space back?
>
> Thanks in advance.

Jim Lyons
Web developer / Database administrator
http://www.weblyons.com

Thread
Correct way to start new .MYD & .MYI filesKeven Jones25 Sep
  • Re: Correct way to start new .MYD & .MYI filesJim Lyons25 Sep
Re: Correct way to start new .MYD & .MYI filesMichael Dykman25 Sep
  • Re: Correct way to start new .MYD & .MYI filesEugene Mah25 Sep
    • Re: Correct way to start new .MYD & .MYI filesMichael Dykman25 Sep