List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Dykman Date:September 25 2009 8:59pm
Subject:Re: Correct way to start new .MYD & .MYI files
View as plain text
Eugene,

Right you are.  I don't know why I thought he had corrupted tables to
start with but that was the assumption I was under.  A simple TRUNCATE
is the easiest way to deal with this..

 - michael

On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 4:16 PM, Eugene Mah <eugenem@stripped> wrote:
> TRUNCATE?
>
> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/truncate.html
>
> DELETE?
>
> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/delete.html
>
> eugene

> Eugene Mah, M.Sc., DABR
> eugenem@stripped
> Medical Physicist/Misplaced Canuck    maheug@stripped
> Department of Radiology
> eugenemah@stripped
> Medical University of South Carolina  "For I am a Bear of Very Little
> Charleston, South Carolina             Brain, and long
> words Bother
> http://www.netcom.com/~eugenem/        me."   Winnie the
> Pooh
> http://blog.imabug.net/
> PGP KeyID = 0x1F9779FD, 0x319393F4
> PGP keys available on request         ICQ 3113529
>             O-
>
> On 09/25/2009 04:04 PM, Michael Dykman wrote:
>>
>> Alas, none that I am aware of, but if you can successfully run 'SHOW
>> CREATE TABLE `ApplicationLog`' before you drop the table, it will give
>> you the DDL you need to recreate that table *exactly*.
>>
>>  - michael
>>
>> On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 3:47 PM, Jones, Keven<Keven.Jones@stripped>
>  wrote:
>>>
>>> I don't want to lose the table structure just wish to get rid of the old
>>> data in the .MYD and .MYI files.
>>>
>>> If I drop the table I will need to recreate the table with the existing
>>> structure.
>>>
>>> So is there a way to just clear out the ApplicationLog.MYD and
>>> ApplicationLog.MYI files?
>>>
>>> Thx again

 - michael dykman
 - mdykman@stripped

Don’t worry about people stealing your ideas. If they’re any good,
you’ll have to ram them down their throats!

   Howard Aiken
Thread
Correct way to start new .MYD & .MYI filesKeven Jones25 Sep
  • Re: Correct way to start new .MYD & .MYI filesJim Lyons25 Sep
Re: Correct way to start new .MYD & .MYI filesMichael Dykman25 Sep
  • Re: Correct way to start new .MYD & .MYI filesEugene Mah25 Sep
    • Re: Correct way to start new .MYD & .MYI filesMichael Dykman25 Sep