List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Eugene Mah Date:September 25 2009 8:16pm
Subject:Re: Correct way to start new .MYD & .MYI files
View as plain text
TRUNCATE?

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/truncate.html

DELETE?

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/delete.html

eugene

Eugene Mah, M.Sc., DABR               eugenem@stripped
Medical Physicist/Misplaced Canuck    maheug@stripped
Department of Radiology               eugenemah@stripped
Medical University of South Carolina  "For I am a Bear of Very Little
Charleston, South Carolina             Brain, and long words Bother
http://www.netcom.com/~eugenem/        me."   Winnie the Pooh
http://blog.imabug.net/
PGP KeyID = 0x1F9779FD, 0x319393F4
PGP keys available on request         ICQ 3113529                 O-

On 09/25/2009 04:04 PM, Michael Dykman wrote:
> Alas, none that I am aware of, but if you can successfully run 'SHOW
> CREATE TABLE `ApplicationLog`' before you drop the table, it will give
> you the DDL you need to recreate that table *exactly*.
>
>   - michael
>
> On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 3:47 PM, Jones, Keven<Keven.Jones@stripped>  wrote:
>> I don't want to lose the table structure just wish to get rid of the old data in
> the .MYD and .MYI files.
>>
>> If I drop the table I will need to recreate the table with the existing
> structure.
>>
>> So is there a way to just clear out the ApplicationLog.MYD and ApplicationLog.MYI
> files?
>>
>> Thx again

Thread
Correct way to start new .MYD & .MYI filesKeven Jones25 Sep
  • Re: Correct way to start new .MYD & .MYI filesJim Lyons25 Sep
Re: Correct way to start new .MYD & .MYI filesMichael Dykman25 Sep
  • Re: Correct way to start new .MYD & .MYI filesEugene Mah25 Sep
    • Re: Correct way to start new .MYD & .MYI filesMichael Dykman25 Sep