List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:David Johnson Date:April 21 1999 4:52pm
Subject:Starting MYSQL as a WINNT service
View as plain text
Hello everyone,

Trying to get MySQL running on Win32 as a service... everything seems
fine so far running with "--standalone", but when I install as a service
(c:\mysql\bin\mysqld-nt --install), then try to start the service, I
keep getting this error:

C:\>net start mysql
The MySql service is starting.
The MySql service could not be started.

A system error has occurred.

System error 1067 has occurred.

The process terminated unexpectedly.

So I looked up the info in the ms headers, but it was pretty useless.

//
// MessageId: ERROR_PROCESS_ABORTED
//
// MessageText:
//
//  The process terminated unexpectedly.
//
#define ERROR_PROCESS_ABORTED            1067L

Any ideas?

Dave Johnson

Thread
Starting MYSQL as a WINNT serviceDavid Johnson21 Apr
  • Re: Starting MYSQL as a WINNT serviceChristian Mack21 Apr