List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:John Meyer Date:September 17 2009 12:41pm
Subject:Re: What should it be in MySql? In C, it's an array of integers.
View as plain text
Johan De Meersman wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 3:46 AM, John Meyer <john.l.meyer@stripped> wrote:
>
>> Alternatively, you can skip the A_ID and have a compound key of USER_ID and
>> A_NUMBER on the ASSOC_NUMBERS table. I prefer the A_ID, though.
>>

> Note that this would be marginally faster, because all your data is in
> the index, so you don't need to do an additional lookup into the data
> segment of your table.

And assuming that the numbers don't duplicate in your array.

Thread
What should it be in MySql? In C, it's an array of integers.Pete Wilson17 Sep
  • Re: What should it be in MySql? In C, it's an array of integers.John Meyer17 Sep
    • Re: What should it be in MySql? In C, it's an array of integers.Kyong Kim17 Sep
    • Re: What should it be in MySql? In C, it's an array of integers.Pete Wilson17 Sep
      • Re: What should it be in MySql? In C, it's an array of integers.John Meyer17 Sep
        • Re: What should it be in MySql? In C, it's an array of integers.Johan De Meersman17 Sep
          • Re: What should it be in MySql? In C, it's an array of integers.John Meyer17 Sep