List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Pete Wilson Date:September 17 2009 1:33am
Subject:Re: What should it be in MySql? In C, it's an array of integers.
View as plain text
> Pete wrote:
> > Hi folks --
> >
> > What would be the right approach in MySql 5.0?
> >
> > My table, USERS, has columns NAME and IP. Associated
> with each user is also a collection of from 0 to 50 INTs.
> What's a reasonable way to put these 50 INTs in the table
> without using 50 separate columns, INT01...INT50? Is BLOB an
> OK approach?
> >
> > I have to manipulate these INTs in my CGI code.
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > -- Pete
> >

> Break them out into a separate table linked via the primary
> key.

How elegant! Thanks.

-- Pete

Thread
What should it be in MySql? In C, it's an array of integers.Pete Wilson17 Sep
  • Re: What should it be in MySql? In C, it's an array of integers.John Meyer17 Sep
    • Re: What should it be in MySql? In C, it's an array of integers.Kyong Kim17 Sep
    • Re: What should it be in MySql? In C, it's an array of integers.Pete Wilson17 Sep
      • Re: What should it be in MySql? In C, it's an array of integers.John Meyer17 Sep
        • Re: What should it be in MySql? In C, it's an array of integers.Johan De Meersman17 Sep
          • Re: What should it be in MySql? In C, it's an array of integers.John Meyer17 Sep