List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:John Meyer Date:September 17 2009 12:29am
Subject:Re: What should it be in MySql? In C, it's an array of integers.
View as plain text
Pete Wilson wrote:
> Hi folks --
>
> What would be the right approach in MySql 5.0?
>
> My table, USERS, has columns NAME and IP. Associated with each user is also a
> collection of from 0 to 50 INTs. What's a reasonable way to put these 50 INTs in the table
> without using 50 separate columns, INT01...INT50? Is BLOB an OK approach?
>
> I have to manipulate these INTs in my CGI code.
>
> Thanks!
>
> -- Pete

Break them out into a separate table linked via the primary key.
Thread
What should it be in MySql? In C, it's an array of integers.Pete Wilson17 Sep
  • Re: What should it be in MySql? In C, it's an array of integers.John Meyer17 Sep
    • Re: What should it be in MySql? In C, it's an array of integers.Kyong Kim17 Sep
    • Re: What should it be in MySql? In C, it's an array of integers.Pete Wilson17 Sep
      • Re: What should it be in MySql? In C, it's an array of integers.John Meyer17 Sep
        • Re: What should it be in MySql? In C, it's an array of integers.Johan De Meersman17 Sep
          • Re: What should it be in MySql? In C, it's an array of integers.John Meyer17 Sep