List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:muhammad subair Date:September 14 2009 5:02pm
Subject:Re: MySQL DB Server - 5.1
View as plain text
On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 11:15 PM, Kaushal Shriyan

> Hi,
> I have enabled ubuntu backports in Ubuntu 8.04 to install mysql-5.1
> server, but i dont find it after apt-get update ?
> Please suggest/guide
> Thanks,
> Kaushal

Hi, the options from discussion in  Ubuntu Forums [0]

   1. *Upgrade server to 9.04 and then Upgrade MySQL*
   2. *Download MySQL from MySQL site and install – But later stage I may
   have issues upgrading and applying patches*
   3. *Install MySQL from another repository as this
I do not like to do so, since this a 3rd party.

The repository mention in number three is;

deb stable all
deb-src stable all

Muhammad Subair

MySQL DB Server - 5.1Kaushal Shriyan14 Sep
  • Re: MySQL DB Server - 5.1muhammad subair14 Sep