List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Dykman Date:September 14 2009 3:28pm
Subject:Re: HOW TO Backup a mysql innodb on windows?
View as plain text
If I may,

If you have foreign keys on your InnoDB, you can still import your
data to MyISAM but foreign keys will be lost.  Otherwise, the data
will load just fine.

 - michael dykman

On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 11:14 AM, Todd Lyons <tlyons@stripped> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 7:44 AM, Néstor <rotsen@stripped> wrote:
>> Maybe one of you experts know the answer.
>>
>> I have a Innodb database that I want to back up.   Is there a free tool to
>> do this?
>> mysqlhotbackup is a paid tool, is that the only one available?
>
> You can also use the free tool from Percona which can backup innodb
> tables without having to shutdown or read lock the database (but it
> does read lock the database while copying *.frm files for Innodb
> tables and any MyISAM tables).
>
> http://www.percona.com/docs/wiki/percona-xtrabackup:start
>
>> If I do a mysqldump of the innodb databse, will I be avail to uploaded into
>> a myisam
>> database and will it work?
>
> Depends.  If you use foreign keys in innodb, then you cannot import
> that into myisam because myisam does not support foreign keys.  If you
> do not use foreign keys, it should work.
> --
> Regards...      Todd

 - michael dykman
 - mdykman@stripped

Don’t worry about people stealing your ideas. If they’re any good,
you’ll have to ram them down their throats!

   Howard Aiken
Thread
HOW TO Backup a mysql innodb on windows?Néstor14 Sep
  • Re: HOW TO Backup a mysql innodb on windows?Michael Dykman14 Sep
  • Re: HOW TO Backup a mysql innodb on windows?Todd Lyons14 Sep
    • Re: HOW TO Backup a mysql innodb on windows?Michael Dykman14 Sep
      • Re: HOW TO Backup a mysql innodb on windows?Todd Lyons14 Sep
Re: HOW TO Backup a mysql innodb on windows?Néstor14 Sep