List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Todd Lyons Date:September 14 2009 3:14pm
Subject:Re: HOW TO Backup a mysql innodb on windows?
View as plain text
On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 7:44 AM, Néstor <rotsen@stripped> wrote:
> Maybe one of you experts know the answer.
>
> I have a Innodb database that I want to back up.   Is there a free tool to
> do this?
> mysqlhotbackup is a paid tool, is that the only one available?

You can also use the free tool from Percona which can backup innodb
tables without having to shutdown or read lock the database (but it
does read lock the database while copying *.frm files for Innodb
tables and any MyISAM tables).

http://www.percona.com/docs/wiki/percona-xtrabackup:start

> If I do a mysqldump of the innodb databse, will I be avail to uploaded into
> a myisam
> database and will it work?

Depends.  If you use foreign keys in innodb, then you cannot import
that into myisam because myisam does not support foreign keys.  If you
do not use foreign keys, it should work.
--
Regards...      Todd
Thread
    • Re: HOW TO Backup a mysql innodb on windows?Michael Dykman14 Sep
      • Re: HOW TO Backup a mysql innodb on windows?Todd Lyons14 Sep
Re: HOW TO Backup a mysql innodb on windows?Néstor14 Sep