List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Arthur Meeks Meeks Date:September 12 2009 8:25pm
Subject:InnoDB doubles size when converting from MyIsam
View as plain text
Hello,

I have a database with about 1000 tables and 150GB. I have done a simple
"for f in $(cat tables); do mysql -uuser -ppassword database_name -e "alter
table $f engine=InnoDB;" ; done

I took about 3 hours and everything went fine, but I just realised that the
same database in another server in myisam is about 150GB and in the server
where I converted it to innodb it's about 350GB.

Is that normal?

Thanks in advance

Ps: I asked in the InnoDB list, but it has no traffic.

Thread
InnoDB doubles size when converting from MyIsamArthur Meeks Meeks12 Sep
  • Re: InnoDB doubles size when converting from MyIsamDan Nelson13 Sep
    • Re: InnoDB doubles size when converting from MyIsamArthur Meeks Meeks13 Sep