List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Gavin Towey Date:September 10 2009 9:49pm
Subject:RE: DB/table problem
View as plain text
When using innodb, your data is stored in the data/ibdata* files.  Copying the database
directory is not a valid backup.

In the future, I would suggest using mysqldump.  However if you want to make a file-system
copy backup with innodb you need to 1. Shutdown the server 2. Copy *everything* in the
data directory 3. Store a copy of your my.ini with the backup as well. 4. Restart mysql

Regards,
Gavin Towey