List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Brent Baisley Date:September 4 2009 5:47pm
Subject:Re: 1 Machine with 4 GB RAM for Big Size MySQL Data Size
View as plain text
The size of the data is largely irrelevant, it depends on how much of
it you need to use at once. For most setups, 4GB should be more than
enough. A single server is always a bad idea since it's a single point
of failure.
Concurrent users isn't really relevant with the database either since
it's unlikely all of them will be running a query at the same time.
Unless your queries are really slow.

I'm using a server with 2GB RAM that gets 300K hits a day, adds 250K
records per day to the databases, with one table having almost 50
million records.

Brent Baisley

On Fri, Sep 4, 2009 at 12:48 PM, muhammad subair<msubair@stripped> wrote:
> One of my potential clients want to migrate their application to web based
> (PHP & MySQL), estimates of the data size is 24GB and growth per month is
> 20MB of data.  Unfortunately, they could only use 1 sever machine with 4GB
> RAM.
>
> The application used in intranet, just running simple transactions and the
> number of users concurent is under 10.
>
> I need information and suggestion about this condition, whether the effort
> spent on implementation and future maintenance is not too large for use
> MySQL with this condition?
>
> *btw sorry for my English*
>
> Thanks you very much,
> --
> Muhammad Subair

Thread
1 Machine with 4 GB RAM for Big Size MySQL Data Sizemuhammad subair4 Sep
  • Re: 1 Machine with 4 GB RAM for Big Size MySQL Data SizeColin Streicher4 Sep
  • Re: 1 Machine with 4 GB RAM for Big Size MySQL Data SizeBrent Baisley4 Sep
  • Re: 1 Machine with 4 GB RAM for Big Size MySQL Data Sizemos5 Sep
    • Re: 1 Machine with 4 GB RAM for Big Size MySQL Data Sizemuhammad subair5 Sep
      • Re: 1 Machine with 4 GB RAM for Big Size MySQL Data SizeColin Streicher5 Sep
        • RE: 1 Machine with 4 GB RAM for Big Size MySQL Data SizeAndrew Braithwaite5 Sep
          • Re: 1 Machine with 4 GB RAM for Big Size MySQL Data Sizemuhammad subair5 Sep