List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:BobSharp Date:September 4 2009 3:24pm
Subject:Re: Database design - help
View as plain text
Hi

Thanks for all the responses.   However I am still stuck for a MySQL db I
can create
and code in PHP.     Attached is a brief example of data to be used.

One problem I have is with providing a listing that includes ...
WTBC  (Category without SubCats)  and the 3 Zones (also, Cats without
SubCats ??? )
(This is for a complete WTBC listing,  in practice it may list depending on
selected Zone)

The example Schema is interesting,   but is there another way of storing all
links
in one table and join them to Category and SubCat tables ?
An example of the ER Diagram would also be helpful to me.

cheers