List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:<Majk.Skoric Date:September 4 2009 11:11am
Subject:AW: Re: a better way, code technique?
View as plain text
-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Per Jessen [mailto:per@stripped]
Gesendet: Freitag, 4. September 2009 13:05
An: mysql@stripped
Betreff: Re: a better way, code technique?

AndrewJames wrote:

>> is there a better way (hopefully simpler) to code this?
>>
>> i want to get the user id of the logged in user to use in my next
>> statement.
>>
>> $q1 = sprintf("SELECT uid FROM users WHERE
>> users.username='$username'");

>The only "improvement" I can see is:
>
>$q1 = sprintf("SELECT uid FROM users WHERE users.username='%s'",
>$username);

sprintf only adds overhead to this. There is no need to use it here.

You can just use $q = "SELECT ...";
Or if you wanna have it more readable use heredoc style

$q = <<<EOSQL
SELECT
	uid
FROM
	users
WHERE
	username = '{$username}'
EOSQL;

But thats a bit off topic ;)

Majk
Thread
a better way, code technique?AndrewJames4 Sep
  • AW: a better way, code technique?Majk.Skoric4 Sep
    • AW: a better way, code technique?Majk.Skoric4 Sep
  • Re: a better way, code technique?Per Jessen4 Sep
    • AW: Re: a better way, code technique?Majk.Skoric4 Sep
      • Re: AW: Re: a better way, code technique?AndrewJames4 Sep
        • AW: AW: Re: a better way, code technique?Majk.Skoric4 Sep
  • Re: a better way, code technique?Brent Baisley4 Sep
    • RE: a better way, code technique?Gavin Towey4 Sep
    • RE: a better way, code technique?Daevid Vincent4 Sep