List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Per Jessen Date:September 4 2009 11:04am
Subject: Re: a better way, code technique?
View as plain text
AndrewJames wrote:

> is there a better way (hopefully simpler) to code this?
>
> i want to get the user id of the logged in user to use in my next
> statement.
>
> $q1 = sprintf("SELECT uid FROM users WHERE
> users.username='$username'");

The only "improvement" I can see is:

$q1 = sprintf("SELECT uid FROM users WHERE users.username='%s'",
$username);

/Per Jessen, Zürich

Thread
a better way, code technique?AndrewJames4 Sep
  • AW: a better way, code technique?Majk.Skoric4 Sep
    • AW: a better way, code technique?Majk.Skoric4 Sep
  • Re: a better way, code technique?Per Jessen4 Sep
    • AW: Re: a better way, code technique?Majk.Skoric4 Sep
      • Re: AW: Re: a better way, code technique?AndrewJames4 Sep
        • AW: AW: Re: a better way, code technique?Majk.Skoric4 Sep
  • Re: a better way, code technique?Brent Baisley4 Sep
    • RE: a better way, code technique?Gavin Towey4 Sep
    • RE: a better way, code technique?Daevid Vincent4 Sep